|Here are comments of participants about equanimity
- I feel calmer and more able to deal with the stresses of the job. I am more able to pace myself. I can stop and say, ‘be mindful’ to myself and I find even that is very helpful. On a practical level, I always let the phone ring twice and take a couple of breaths before answering it. It works wonders. I have been inspired to start ‘a few mindful minutes’ at work and have invited staff to join me for a 15 minutes meditation once a week. I am hoping that I can make this 2 or 3 times a week in the future.
- Constantly returning to my breathing for stillness and presence
- More of a feeling of calmness and taking each moment at a time.
- More patient with myself
- Mindful of being in the present much more than before
- I feel I am calmer and more thoughtful and more aware of everyday ‘normal’ things. I am a better listener.
- Less reactive, more resilient, easier to be in relationship with, more dynamic.
- A set of principles and practices that can be drawn on in times of need